Monday, August 3, 2009

Photography Class Summer '09

I decided to take a photography class this summer to brush up on some basic skills and to also have a little fun with my new camera. This class is great! It has already taught me so much about my camera.
The pictures below are from my first assignment. They are manually taken, utilizing our knowledge of ISO, F Stop, and Shutter Speed functions.
This assignment is called "Single Object, Single Idea". The concept is to take an object and photograph it in a different way than we usually see it. For example, from above, below, close up, etc.

Enjoy.



Tractor scooper (no idea what this is actually called.) at the Middle School down the street from my house. 7:30am
Springs of a freight train. 11:30am
Fence Post at Johnson Farm. 7:30pm
Sculpture outside the Courthouse. 8:30pm

5 comments:

  1. OMG! These are awesome!!! The springs shot is my FAVORITE! I had done a shot with huge pipes at a construction site when I took my first photo class and the springs reminds me of it. SO COOL! I LOVE IT!!! Will you print me one for a Christmas present? PLEASE?

    I think the tractor is called a digger (at least that is what they call it in Amelie's books), but I like tractor scooper much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW, I set the springs picture as my desktop backround at work. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Thanks Ang!!! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool pics Mary!
    Miss you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete