Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Pics

This outfit brought to you by one very awesome Grandma, aka "Nammy".

And this one...

Easter was fun this year. I took JB to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. On the way there I talked up our furry egg hiding friend so much Juno couldn't wait to meet him. I mean, who wouldn't right? All that fluffiness hopping around your backyard, hiding eggs you decorated and then leaving giant baskets of candy behind to replace the next mornings breakfast?! What could be better?

Unfortunetly the bug didn't share my excitement once he layed eyes on the 7 foot tall (ears included) cartoon eyed giant they were calling a bunny. Poor kids. They get put through this torture every year. Even Ry didn't understand why I was going to the mall of all places and pay someone rediculous amounts of money for 4 wallet sized pictures that I could have taken myself. And done a better job might I add!

As I explained to the hubby, I go through all this because my parents did it with me. I have like 7 consecutive years of Easter Bunny and Santa photos. I bet my mom complained about the exact same things as she forked over her $4.50 in exchange for the blurry polaroid of her tramatized toddler.

Still, I think it's time for a change. I think I'll be taking these photos from now on. It's time to stop complaining and do something about it! Time to send a message to those mall fonies and say Enough Is Enough!!!

...Ryan is going to look so good in Bunny ears.. heehee.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mary... he looks ADORABLE! I LOVE the outfits...

    And you're right, no use in torturing a child all because of tradition. I mean I'll do it, once at least, just to do it... but its a good idea to do it yourself.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so HANDSOME!!!

    Yes, although I agree about the ridiculously over priced Easter and Santa pictures being bad quality most of the time, I still have to take the girls every year, if I can. However, most places do allow you to pay to take your own photo and it is less money too. I might try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please note: Your child will be smeared on a cracker & eaten by ME, because he is just too cute NOT to be eaten. I love the tie, Gramma!

    ReplyDelete