Friday, March 20, 2009

Around town...

Spring is in the air and the trees and flowers are exploding! These daffodils are EVERYWHERE!
Photobucket

One on my favorite trees is the Cherry Blossom Tree. Every year back home we'd go to Balboa Park and have a picnic amongst them. Amazing. Shout out to Chirs and Mizu! I was so happy to see that there are tons of Cherry Blossom Trees here and they are humongous! Here is one nestling up to my soon to be favorite restaurant.
Photobucket

There is this large hill in the middle of Eugene called Skinners Butte. You can see the whole town from up there. When I was up there today there were some dudes enjoying the insides of a very large bong from the comforts of their pickup. Dude #1 gave me the "sup" head nod and I replied with a "wow, really? in broad day light?" subtle head nod. I took some shots and headed back down. Not really great with landscape shots yet but I'll post some when I go up there at sunrise or something. ...ok, maybe sunset..haha.

So at the bottom of the "butte" there were these three guys..
Photobucket

It was a nice day to go hunting for photographs.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are letting us get a taste of Oregon! I love the daffodils and cherry blossom tree! That hill is crazy! Is that rock or wood that people are climbing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rock. haha. So cool. that's pretty much something I would never do! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I can't wait to get spring shots here... there are a few things budding, but nothing real photo worthy...

    Oregon looks so lovely... <3

    ReplyDelete