Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday Market in Winter


Once Winter rears its cold shoulder, The Downtown Saturday Market moves to the indoors of the Fairgrounds. We missed it last week so my mom and I decided to check it out and see how it compares to the normal outdoors market.

The produce is still very fresh, organic, and YUMMY! The best thing, I must say is that they separate all the arts and crafts booths from the vegetable booths. It was so nice having wide open spaces of just produce and yummy brownies to gaze upon without everything else clouding you.

We stumbled upon some sun chokes. If anyone knows what to do with these, bring it on! I will be searching for them on the food network site tonight. haha.


Beet it.
Chanterelle Mushrooms. Again, Ideas on what to put these in?
Having these for dinner tonight!

and finally... ChestNUUUUUUUUUTTTTTS roasting on an open fiiiiiiire.. sorry had to do it.

I heart my farmers market. I really need to get down there more often.

1 comment:

  1. Chantrelles go on ANYTHING. They are the most delicious fungus EVER ever ever. Just sautee them, have them with mashed potatoes & chicken with white wine, omg I'm drooling. What are sun chokes, indeed! I thought that was a pile of ginger.

    ReplyDelete