Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where the world ends

My brother came to visit us. He flew out on a Friday night after work. Saturday Morning Ryan and I took him to the Saturday Market then on to the Oregon Coast. I love it there so much. This was only our second visit out there but I can already tell there will be many more.
We decided to take a road we didn't know and see where it led us.
It led us here..

I couldn't get over how beautiful this place is. I am so used to the cramped cemented streets of coast line littered with homeless and soul-less and everything in between. This place is clean and untouched and wonderful.

We parked and climbed a sand dune and that lead us to an even more jaw dropping scene..

Miles and miles of empty beach. shells and crab picked over by the morning gulls, and nothingness. It was amazing. The sky was threatening rain and it created an erieness that made for great pictures. (Although, the pictures don't in any way portray what we actually saw).


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I need to make sure Andy and I make it out there at least once this summer. Oliver love, love, loves it there... I've never seen him so happy as whenever we take him to run around the dunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That picture with the scattered shells is so cool! Creepy! I love the seagull foot prints too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://waxingoregonian.blogspot.com/2009/07/train-set.html?showComment=1519628437069#c2552130077301984828

    ReplyDelete